:: Re: [DNG] daedalus with chromiium
Author: Haines Brown
To: Bob Proulx via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] daedalus with chromiium
I apologize for allowing Bob's message to get burried.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 09:02:08PM -0600, Bob Proulx via Dng wrote:
> Haines Brown wrote:
> > I still get "Unable to locate package chromium". It seems that when I
> > did update/dist-upgrade after modifying sources.list to accommodate
> > daedulus I did not get the no InRelease file error. The chimaera
> > previously installed on this disk did not have chromium installed.
>
> What does this say for you?
>
>     apt-cache policy chromium

> It should say something similar to this.
>
>     root@clash:~# apt-cache policy chromium
>     chromium:
>       Installed: (none)
>       Candidate: 100.0.4896.127-1
>       Version table:
>          100.0.4896.88-1 500
>             500 http://deb.debian.org/debian daedalus/main amd64 Packages

Yes it did

I stumbled on the reason for my not getting a release file. The
line in my sources.list was

deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged daedalas main non-free contrib

I changed it to

deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged daedalas main

and the update/upgrade worked. I was then able restore the non-free
and contrib and install chromium.