:: Re: [DNG] Website "motto"?
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Website "motto"?
On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 18:19:38 +0100 (CET)
Karl Hammar <karl@???> wrote:

> Hendrik:

> > > Like this? https://transfer.sh/cTgmNi/if-rev2.png
> >
> > Interesting. The "if" in italics and off-centre makes the
> > image dynamic. At first I thought it a design error; then
> > I realised it works very well.
>
> What is that "if" about, ohh, it is an acronym...
>
> Unfortunately it looks like this insurance company's logotype:
> https://www.if.se/
> so, I'd say we cannot use it (it really make me wounder why the
> authorities allows thoose names).

That insurance company's logo is a serif font and the logo has other
elements so it wouldn't be confused.

My 2c is they would only have any logo protection if it was a registered trademark. but there is still the
point that 'if' is a common english expression.

Also, DNS registration
in one domain does not preclude registration in any other domain,
unless whomever holds 'if.se' has already registered all the if.*
variations.