:: Re: [DNG] Website "motto"?
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Positive lead on Re: Website "motto"?
Subject: Re: [DNG] Website "motto"?
Antony Stone said on Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:03:23 +0100

>On Wednesday 19 January 2022 at 21:59:46, Steve Litt wrote:
>
>> golinux@??? said on Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:49:41
>> >
>> >Like this? https://transfer.sh/cTgmNi/if-rev2.png
>>
>> For the first 36 hours after you posted this, I thought "if" was the
>> English word "if", not "Internet Freedom" or whatever. Short and to
>> the point works only if you don't need an accompanying explanation.
>
>So, maybe two different colours (or at least shades) for the two
>letters?
>
>That could be enough to make people think of them separately.

I doubt it. You and I think about init freedom daily. The person
reading the logo? Not so much. Also, what does "init freedom" give
them? We know, but do they?

Honestly, I know it's hip today to say nothing negative, but I think
maybe the best motto is "Don't get stuck with systemd", with that
phrase being an obvious link, leading to a short list of reasons why
you don't want to get stuck with systemd:

* Systemd is DIY hostile
* For problems not on the systemd diagnostic "script", systemd makes
troubleshooting much more difficult
* Systemd has a gargantuan attack surface
* Systemd affirmatively and intentionally stumbling-blocks other init
installations.
* Systemd replaces working solutions with new, questionable solutions

SteveT

Steve Litt