:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: request for assistan…
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: request for assistance
ael:
> > On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 2:37 PM <karl@???> wrote:
> > >
> > > o1bigtenor:

> > > That config is used in:
> > > drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/include/nvif/push.h
> > >
> > > its latest commit is d502297008142645edf5c791af424ed321e5da84
> > > from 2021-01-19, so you need kernel v5.11-rc6 or later. So
> > > get a suffiently new kernel and do as they say.
> > >

> > Hmmmmmmmmmm - - - - and HOW do I do that?
>
> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git

or if you want samething smaller, download a specific kernel source
from:
https://www.kernel.org/

Here is a guide on how to buile the kernel:
https://phoenixnap.com/kb/build-linux-kernel
The debian howto is a little confusing, start at sec.4.6
https://kernel-team.pages.debian.net/kernel-handbook/ch-common-tasks.html

If you use "make menuconfig" the config mentioned above is in
"Device drivers -> Graphics support", put a "y" in this entry:

 [ ]   Enable additional push buffer debugging

There are a lot of choises in the kernel config, so the hard part is
to make the right choises.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar