:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: request for assistan…
Author: ael
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: request for assistance
On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 10:50:18PM +0100, karl@??? wrote:
> ael:

> > git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
>
> or if you want samething smaller, download a specific kernel source
> from:
> https://www.kernel.org/
>

> If you use "make menuconfig" the config mentioned above is in
> "Device drivers -> Graphics support", put a "y" in this entry:
>
>  [ ]   Enable additional push buffer debugging

> There are a lot of choises in the kernel config, so the hard part is
> to make the right choises.

Maybe it is in those guides, but the biggest problem with
    make menuconfig
is the vast number of choices when starting from scratch.
If you are satisfied with an otherwise generic kernel, use
/boot/config-xxx
as a template. I should have mentioned that in my private message.

If you do clone the stable kernel, it is probably a good idea to
    make htmldocs
as in the top level README.
What you are not told is that the results appear in the
Documentation/output/ directory.

Caveat: it is a long time since I compiled a kernel, so some of this may
be dated.

ael