:: Re: [DNG] Firefox/Icecat build (was…
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Firefox/Icecat build (was: Re: Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox)
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 22:43:32 +0100 - aitor <aitor_czr@???>:

> On 23/12/21 22:38, aitor wrote:
> > The packages of icecat i386 will appear in ../build-area.
>
> In the case of amd64, skip all the steps related to pbuilder and run:
>
> $ gbp buildpackage --git-export-dir="../build-area"

Yes, I am in the amd64 case.

So please can you confirm the steps below, and plase answer some questions?

------------------  HOWTO --------------------------

- Add the repository of gnuinos chimaera

- Download the sources of icecat-78.15. They contain all the lang-packs:

$ apt-get source icecat

QUESTION:
- Is it the same to manually download the sources (just to avoid adding
the guinos repositories)?
- In this case, is the following the right one?
http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/icecat_78.15.0.orig.tar.xz

- Init an empty git repository
QUESTION:
- I suppose you mean using the sources directory on my machine. Right?

- Import the description file of icecat:

$ gbp import-dsc ../icecat*.dsc

  QUESTION:
  - Again, is it the same to manually download the .dsc file in the
    source directory on my machine?
  - In this case, is the following the right one?
  http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/icecat_78.15.0-1.dsc

- Adjust debian/browser.mozconfig.in to suite your needs (see the section
"Configure the build" in your link above).

- Build the packages (amd64):

$ gbp buildpackage --git-export-dir="../build-area"

The packages of icecat amd64 will appear in ../build-area.

Thank you a lot.
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B