:: Re: [DNG] Firefox/Icecat build (was…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Firefox/Icecat build (was: Re: Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox)
Hi,

On 24/12/21 10:40, al3xu5 via Dng wrote:
> $ apt-get source icecat
>
>    QUESTION:
>    - Is it the same to manually download the sources (just to avoid adding
>    the guinos repositories)?
>    - In this case, is the following the right one?
>    http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/icecat_78.15.0.orig.tar.xz

Yes, but you need three files:

http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/icecat_78.15.0-1.dsc

http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/icecat_78.15.0-1.debian.tar.xz
<http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/icecat_78.15.0-1.debian.tar.xz>

> - Init an empty git repository
>    QUESTION:
>    - I suppose you mean using the sources directory on my machine. Right?

Once you've downloaded the files, go to the directory containing them
and create the git repository in a new folder:

$ mkdir icecat

$ cd icecat

$ git init

$ git config --global user.name "your name"

$ git config --global user.email "your email"

$ gbp import-dsc ../icecat_78.15.0-1.dsc

> - Import the description file of icecat:
>
> $ gbp import-dsc ../icecat*.dsc
>
>    QUESTION:
>    - Again, is it the same to manually download the .dsc file in the
>      source directory on my machine?
>    - In this case, is the following the right one?
>    http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/i/icecat/icecat_78.15.0-1.dsc

No. You've just downloaded the files and imported the whole project into your initial empty git repository.
You did things this way because there is no remote git repository to clone from.

Cheers,

Aitor.