:: Re: [DNG] Firefox/Icecat build (was…
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Firefox/Icecat build (was: Re: Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox)
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 22:38:27 +0100 - aitor <aitor_czr@???>:

> Hi,
>
> On 23/12/21 20:56, al3xu5 via Dng wrote:
> > Until some time ago I was able to build the old versions of X,
> > certainly until 52.x. -- I had also made a guide for building Icecat:
> > https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:IceCat/Compile_and_package/build_52.6.0_on_Devuan_2.0.0_ASCII_64bit
> >
> > Now the building process seems changed. So, please, could anyone give a
> > guide (even if schematic) on how to build current Firefox/Icecat
> > releases?
>
> I did it recently.
>
> PREREQUISITES:
>
> I recommend a fresh install of devuan chimaera amd64 on a computer with
> 8G RAM, and a swap partition of 16 GB.

I have 32GB RAM and 16GB swap. So it should be ok.

But I am still on Beowulf. Hope to upgrade soon...

> ------------------  HOWTO --------------------------
>
> Here you are a quick guide:
>
> - Add the repository of gnuinos chimaera
>
> - Download the sources of icecat-78.15. They contain all the lang-packs:
>
> $ apt-get source icecat
>
> - Init an empty git repository and import the description file of icecat:
>
> $ gbp import-dsc ../icecat*.dsc
>
> - Adjust debian/browser.mozconfig.in to suite your needs (see the
> section "Configure the build" in your link above).
>
> - Install git-buildpackage, quilt, pbuilder and cowbuilder
>
> - Create a jail containing a base system of devuan chimaera i386
> in /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow:
>
> $ sudo cowbuilder --create --distribution="chimaera"
> --architecture="i386" --mirror http://deb.devuan.org/merged
>
> - Build the packages:
>
> $ gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder --git-pbuilder-options="--host-arch
> i386"  --git-export-dir="../build-area"
>
> git-buildpackage will ask you for sudo's password, and probably you'll
> need to install previously aptitude in the jail. If so,
> chroot /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow and install aptitude. All the build
> dependencies will be installed automatically.
>
> The packages of icecat i386 will appear in ../build-area.
>
> Good lock :)
>
> Aitor.

I will try after my Chimaera upgrade.
Thank you Aitor.

al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B