:: [devuan-dev] chimaera-inst.
Author: donwi
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] chimaera-inst.
dear reader,
regarding FUJITSU U7510.
after my email yesterday I probed the hardware from within chimaera-live:
    https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=d43a6a6bb8

    grafic is displayed as:  CometLake-U GT2, with driver i915.

with the chimaera live stick I could compare the logs of my
devuan chimaera installation with the logs of the chimaera-live.

The Xlog.0.log showed a lot of (EE).
comparing these logs: chimaera-live contains the lines:
     (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
     . . .
     (II) LoadModule: "glx"
     . . .
     (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
     . . .
     (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
     . . .
     (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
     . . .
     (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
     (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
     (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
     (II) modeset(0): using drv /dev/dri/card0
- - but chimaera installation has this order:
     . . .
     (II) LoadModule: "glx"
     . . .
     (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
     . . .
     (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
     . . .
     (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
     . . .
     (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
     (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
     (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
     (EE) open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory

On both logs a lot of lines following.
Chimaera-live shows modesetting, while chimaera installation
shows FBDEV(0) . . .

   I believe, depending on the order when to  dri, the X server
fails.  Maybe comparing X initialisation helps building a better
chimaera.
    unix user, cologne, don