:: [devuan-dev] bug#637: bug#637: xpd…
Author: David Haworth
To: Adam Sampson
CC: Mark Hindley, David Haworth, 637, devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#637: bug#637: xpdf crashes the window manager
Hi Adam,

You're right - it is indeed the X server that crashes.

I've only noticed the problem recently, but that doesn't necessarily mean
that it's a new problem.

Changing the font as you suggested doesn't have any effect, so I
don't think it's the font rendering. The backtrace from Xorg.0.log
shows

[ 10759.847] (EE) Backtrace:
[ 10759.860] (EE) 0: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (OsLookupColor+0x135) [0x55662f3b7e05]
[ 10759.861] (EE) 1: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (funlockfile+0x50) [0x7fe2d501b8e0]
[ 10759.861] (EE) 2: ? (?+0x0) [0x7fe2c169003a]
[ 10759.861] (EE)
[ 10759.861] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x7fe2c28be000

I guess I'd better re-report the bug. This report can be closed.

Thanks for the tip about changing the fonts, though. The new default
fonts are too large for my liking so I'll play around and find a suitable
smaller typeface. The fixed fonts are missing some characters.

All the best,
Dave