:: [devuan-dev] chimaera-inst.
Author: donwi
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] chimaera-inst.
dear reader,
I'm don from cologne. I'm using devuan about 4 years.
I was able to fix all problems so far.

I run into problems with chimaera installation where I need help.

I use a FUJITSU U7510.
The live system starts nicely. everything is available.
To use the touchpad I need to modprobe -r psmouse and
modprobe -v ic2_hid.

installation of desktop dvd by itself runs smoothly.
on first boot, I got following message:
rsyslogd: error during config processing: omfile: creating parent diretories
for file /var/log/syslog failed Read-Only file system.

I have following partitions /, /usr, /var, /tmp, /home, /boot, /srv, /opt
does this installation not mount those filesystems?

With chimaera-live, I mount / to /mnt/r and add
    [ -d /var/log ] || mount --target /var
at the beginning of /etc/init.d/rsyslog

I have to add mount for the other partitions as well.

Now the systems boots, switches into graphic mode,
and shows the devuan login screen.
I believe this is slim. The system doesn't take any
other keystrokes than the power button.

I couldn't find a solution for this one!
Any hint, push to a solution would be appreciated
unix user, cologne, don