:: [DNG] [OT] Re: Embedded devuan (wa…
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] [OT] Re: Embedded devuan (was Re: Devuan with usr merge?)
Earlier in this thread,
on Tue, 16 Nov 2021 09:29:11 +0100
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>     Of course, if you want to install the distro for another
> architecture, you must use debootstrap --foreign
>
> (...)
>
>     Another experiment with great fun is to just install busybox in a
> chroot.
>
> (...)
>
> musl libc

Hello Didier (and all),

thank you very much for your elaborate mail and the interesting
discussion following it - and sorry for my late reply: I'm kind of
absorbed by work and life 'afk' in general. While I am really glad to
have found a job in the public sector (field service for Munich's
communal schools and nurseries), it's somewhat ironic, that one of my
first tasks there was helping to roll back the last remnants of LiMux.
The first time ever, that I replaced a Linux with that unutterable
gimme-an-inch-OS. A noteworthy detail in this context is, how speedy
the network links are getting upgraded now: In some places from slow,
but (until now, rofl) sufficiently functional 1 or 2 Mbit/s connections
with up to four(!) active workstations attached.

Inspired by earlier mails in the original "usr merge"-thread, an
experiment I had been thinking of for a sleepless night was installing
busybox in an initramfs. I suspect Steve facepalming, but be assured:
This is canceled now. Thanks again for all the good input - I'll sure
be back with less off topic mails, when I am back to it!

Libre Grüße,
Florian