:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: Embedded devuan …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: Embedded devuan (was Re: Devuan with usr merge?)
Florian Zieboll via Dng said on Wed, 17 Nov 2021 23:37:44 +0100

>Inspired by earlier mails in the original "usr merge"-thread, an
>experiment I had been thinking of for a sleepless night was installing
>busybox in an initramfs. I suspect Steve facepalming, but be assured:
>This is canceled now.

I will never, ever, EVER facepalm over somebody doing DIY
experimentation. Now, when you speak of initramfs or of busybox, you
speak with authority. You've taken a step forward from the dwobes
parroting the nonsense mouthed by others in their party.

I was even hoping that with Busybox inside an initramfs, you'd have
created an "initramfs lite" that's simple to understand, debug and use.
In other words, I was hoping you'd prove me wrong :-). It has
consistently been people doing what you did that caused me to change my
mind.

As long as we're on the subject, for those who are new to Devuan
(joined up after maybe June 2015), here's some DIY experimentation I
did that enabled me to authoritatively swat aside nonsense from
PoetterParrots:

http://troubleshooters.com/linux/init/manjaro_experiments.htm

SteveT

Steve Litt