:: [DNG] To cc or not cc. (was: Devua…
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] To cc or not cc. (was: Devuan with usr merge?)
On Fri, 05 Nov 2021, Steve Litt wrote:

>Me too. I'm on the list, and people cc'ing me when replying to the list
>or writing to me and cc'ing the list just complexify my life.

One thing to keep in mind is that not everybody contributing to the exchange is,
in fact, subscribed to the list. As such, replying to the group would then
include everybody relevant to the discussion. Not only that, but one might want
to cc the list as an archival purpose. Or even send the message to multiple
lists along relevant recipients which may not be subscribed…

People interracting around here aren't prescient and do not necessarily know if
you are, or not, subscribed.

Cheers,
             Ludovic