:: Re: [DNG] Warning about Wicd in Chi…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Warning about Wicd in Chimaera
On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 05:47:06PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> There's no wicd in Chimaera.
> If you need it to access the internet, you must replace it with another
> network manager *before* you upgrade to chimaera, otherwise you'll not be
> able to access the internet to download the replacement network manager
> after.

I have added a transitional wicd package (1.7.4+tb2-6+devuan2) to
chimaera-proposed-updates that, I hope, will help smooth this over.

I would be grateful for confirmation that it works to ensure an alternative
network manager is installed if you are upgrading from a beowulf system that has
wicd installed.

To test, before upgrading and when changing sources.list, also add

deb http://deb.devuan.org/devuan chimaera-proposed-updates main

Note that is is important to use http://deb.devuan.org/devuan rather than
http://deb.devuan.org/merged.

Thanks