:: Re: [DNG] Er, Not that way ? .Re: …
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Er, Not that way ? .Re: Announcing Devuan 4.0: Chimaera!
On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 02:23:28PM +0200, maxime freepote via Dng wrote:
> I had to use the conflict resolutioni tool of aptitude after an "apt-get
> full-upgrade". Python was the main cause of this behaviour but also external
> packages from non-standard repositories. Except this, all of the upgrade went
> well, from a devuan that also runs since ascii.

I once had problems like this with a low-level display-related package.
Two packages turned out to contain the same file, and so only one could
remain. I thought it was a packageing problem (such packages should not
be in one repository, but it turned out that a previous upgrade (done a
year or more ago) hadn't completed properly, and so I still had (and was
presumably using) a package from multiple releases ago. I had to delete
it using dpkg. apt and aptitude kept failing because of the undeclared
conflict.

-- hendrik