:: Re: [DNG] snetaid debs...
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] snetaid debs...
Sun, 22 Aug 2021 09:45:53 +0200 - aitor <aitor_czr@???>:

> Hi,
>
> On 22/8/21 8:33, al3xu5 wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I am running Devuan Beowulf && LXDE, and I want to try snetaid &&
> > simple-netaid-cdk || simple-netaid-gtk...
>
> Thanks for your interest on simple-netaid.
>
> > I have found some debs are at:
> >
> > http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/s/
> >
> > Please, can anyone tell me if it's the right place?
>
> Yes, this is the right way and the last packaging.
>

> > Are that packages updated? Or is there a better way to install?
> Though i'm rewriting it the above link is the stable release. Just
> change in the line:
>
> Exec=sakura -e "sudo simple-netaid-cdk"
>
> of /usr/share/applications/simple-netaid-cdk, "sakura" by "lxterminal"
> or "xterm"
> or whatever you want. There aren't packages for the gtk interface yet,
> only ncurses.
> I'm rewriting the gtk interface and the snetaid daemon because i have
> new ideas for the them.
>
> Any doubt, please tell me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Aitor.

Hi Aitor

As you know Wicd is no longer available in Bullseye / Chimaera.

I would like to upgrade to Chimaera eliminating Wicd (regardless of
whether it is not available), and I would like to use snetaid, which seems
to me to be a good alternative.

So I wondered if there are news on development, even about the GTK
interface.

Thanks
Reegrads

al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B