:: [DNG] 2FA via SIPP# to PC- HowTo? U…
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] 2FA via SIPP# to PC- HowTo? Under Devuan
Hello folks

Since it is topical:2FA

TL:DR how to do it?

Unfortunately a number of services now ofer and some require 2FA.
Having no love for the tracking built into the microcomputer known as a
smartphone, I'm wondering how hard it is to do 2FA via my PC under
Devuan?

For us here, services are all via TCP/IP via a fibre cable(we were one
of the lucky pockets to ge that here.
So, now everything comes with TCP/IP.
That includes all your can eat(suppssedly) 'data' with a bandwidth
limited by size of the pipe you pay for.

Since the old copper line is now a TCP/IP SIPP services to a SIPP phone on
the LAN. I can/have paid for additional SIPP services/numbers from the
same provider. These essentially do not take messages(SMS's).

I know SIPP can be terminated on a PC, but I've never had a use to
bother testing it. A SIPP service is also a expensive data stream here.

So any recommendations for software and cluebies?

For 2FA, all I need is a text message receiver. Others may want the
whole headset backend. Any clues/experience?