:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Video cards on Linux…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: hal
CC: Devuan ML
New-Topics: [DNG] [OT] PrivateBin (was: Re: [OT] Video cards on Linux (was Re: Information request re: wayland))
Subject: Re: [DNG] [OT] Video cards on Linux (was Re: Information request re: wayland)
On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 8:52 AM hal <vmlinux@???> wrote:

> On 9/3/21 06:24, o1bigtenor wrote:
> <snip>
> > How did you get your 1050 Ti working under nouveau?
> > How many monitors/sizes are you driving off of it?
> >
> > This is the card that I'm fighting!!
> > Trying to drive 2 - 1920x1080 and 1 - 4k.
> > Its the 4k monitor that seems to cause the issues!!
> >
> > (Please pretty please - - - - do you have any ideas/suggestions!)
>

> Hopefully this pastebin helps. I didn't want to attach it to the list
> because this much text becomes impossible to read. Let me know if you need
> more info. I don't really know what else to include here. Oh, I'm not sure
> why 'nouveau' is blacklisted -- I thought 'nouveau' was another name for
> the freeware build of the proprietary Nvidia driver but maybe I don't
> understand correctly.
>
> https://pastebin.com/NvUtaCnQ

Hmmm - - - - the page shows for about 1/2 a second and then goes blank.
tried clicking on the individual sections - - - still no joy.

So I destroyed the pastebin cookies in the browser and purged the history
file of anything to do with pastebin.

Sorry - - - no can read.

If you have houveau blacklisted then you pretty much are running the
proprietary drivers.

Are you driving a HDMI monitor?

Thanks for the effort!!

Regards