:: Re: [devuan-dev] using gitea
Author: Xenguy.fl9z
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] using gitea
From: "ralph ronnquist" ; Sent: Monday, August 16, 2021 8:01:14 PM:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 19:35:34 -0400 Hendrik Boom wrote:

[...]
> > Should I just go ahead and edit stuff in the documentation section?

I don't see why not. The work needs to be done and many hands make
light work. Git should in theory protect us from unrecoverable errors.

> > Is there some policy of reviewing changes?

Only that changes should be reviewed I would say.

> > It's not entirely clear how I should proceed with things like
> > pulling and pushing changes.
> >
> > -- hendrik

In the case of the 'documentation' repo, we are working exclusively on
the 'Master' branch, so simply work on Master, and pull and push
whatever you want I think. Git is supposed to facilitate collaboration
after all.

> We have been using the WOM method where confidence is the guide.

WOM = Word Of Mouth ?

> I'd say the only restriction regarding workflow is that the "new-beta"
> branch HEAD of the devuan/www.devuan.org project gets published onto
> https://beta.devuan.org every minute, and if its PUBLISH file is
> updated, then that current setup gets published to
> https://www.devuan.org

I already have a separate branch on the go here, and I don't believe
Henrik is making changes in this repo. Rather Hendrik is looking at
making changes to the 'documentation' repo.

> Other than that we share work willy-nilly ... i.e. via the operations
> processes established by the main contributor(s) for each project. Of
> course package fork projects need special care.
>
> If in doubt, a good approach is to push your work an a new branch
> named "wip/$something" and then it can be reviewed and discussed with
> less confusion with respect to the all-agreed-upon stuff.

And having said that, please don't create new branches for the
'documentation' repo : -) I know, clear as mud, right?

X.