:: Re: [DNG] a how to question (projec…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] a how to question (project(s) related)
o1bigtenor via Dng said on Sun, 15 Aug 2021 09:43:46 -0500

>Greetings
>
>I'm finding myself occasionally drowning in information resulting in me
>trying to improve the connection between what I'm working on AND the
>information that I'm collecting.
>
>An example (followed by some questions).
>
>I'm into gardening/raising my own food (simplified for here!!).
>
>Create a directory 'gardening' .
>
>Inside 'gardening' notes for a particular year (each year in its own
>directory).
>Dig some digging and hard links to directories are a no no (!!!!!!!!!)
>- - like forbidden.
>
>I could see hard links being useful for what I want where soft links
>are going to break (have had the joy of breaking some myself and
>causing myself all kinds of joy in the process).
>
>Any ideas out there on how to find such an ecosystem?
>
>(I don't think a RDMS is what I want because then how does one store
>directories inside the topic - - - its almost like a RDMS that has a
>system inside it might do - - - argh - - - I think I'm getting more
>confused rather than less in trying to set up something - - - argh!!)

Check out VimOutliner. VimOutliner does this quite easily. Instead of
whole redundant directories, you'll have redundant lines in a tab
indented outline. Look for VimOutliner 3.4 or 3.5. VimOutliner went bad
after 3.5.

I don't know what a RDMS is, and if it's a DBMS then forget this
suggestion, but you could also use Sqlite to store multiple indexes to
multiple directories.

SteveT

Steve Litt