:: Re: [DNG] a how to question (projec…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: tito
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] a how to question (project(s) related)
On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 09:43:46 -0500
o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I'm finding myself occasionally drowning in information resulting in me
> trying to improve the connection between what I'm working on AND the
> information that I'm collecting.
>
> An example (followed by some questions).
>
> I'm into gardening/raising my own food (simplified for here!!).
>
> Create a directory 'gardening' .
>
> Inside 'gardening' notes for a particular year (each year in its own
> directory).
> Also in 'gardening' are directories for various crops 'potatoes'/'malus'
> (easier to say apples but I'm
>     including pears and and ).
> 'Potatoes' includes files (notes) some of which needs to be taken from
> something like a
>    diary/journal (rednotebook is my preferred tool at this point).
> 'Potatoes' includes directories like specific
> varieties/diseases/pests/fertilization/remedies.
> Further information like cooking/techniques for/health related/other uses
> (think distilling) as a
>    further level.

> This is all found in one project - - - - and I have projects - - maybe too
> many but things are what they are.
>
> I'm trying to find a way of connecting things.
>
> So when I find an idea that I can use for electronic control on movement
> that I can link that to irrigation and then back to the
> 'shrubs/trees/plants'.
>
> I would rather NOT have 10 different copies of the same information stored
> - - - wastes space - - - but I'm finding that looking for information that
> sometimes I have what I'm found but it was/is connected to a very different
> project.
>
> Dig some digging and hard links to directories are a no no (!!!!!!!!!) - -
> like forbidden.
>
> I could see hard links being useful for what I want where soft links are
> going to break (have had the joy of breaking some myself and causing myself
> all kinds of joy in the process).

Hi,
I was going to propose file systems with hard and soft links
(which BTW break only if you yourself break them)
but as they are taboo the only other and far superior
system is to use paper and ink. This system showed resilience,
ease of use and hardware independence for the last 4000 years.
In conjunction with a physiological process better known as
learning which transforms your brain in the primary
storage for pointers to the information stored in
your papyrus rolls and allows endless recombination
of the inputted information to achieve what is called progress
through try and error (let's see what happens if principle).
In the end this process will make you a expert in the field of your
choice and your papyrus rolls will be saved in libraries
for the future generations to study (unless they use
only wikipedia and instead of studying they just
print them out wasting loads of paper with no
result at all).

Ciao,
Tito

P.S.: I suggest for urban gardening: onions, peppers and cucumbers
they grow in almost every condition.
Tomatoes are very sensible to lots of diseases and lost their taste
long time ago in the process to be made solid red.
With avocado trees in pots I got mixed results,
with mango trees in pots this year is the first time
there is a good chance of eating some mangos.