:: Re: [DNG] a how to question (projec…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: o1bigtenor
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: tito
Kopio: Devuan ML
Aihe: Re: [DNG] a how to question (project(s) related)
Funny guy - - - -

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 10:36 AM tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> [...]
> > trying to improve the connection between what I'm working on AND the
> > information that I'm collecting.
> >
> > An example (followed by some questions).
> >
> > I'm into gardening/raising my own food (simplified for here!!).
> >
> > Create a directory 'gardening' .
> >
> > Inside 'gardening' notes for a particular year (each year in its own
> > directory).
> > Also in 'gardening' are directories for various crops 'potatoes'/'malus'
> > (easier to say apples but I'm
> >     including pears and and ).
> > 'Potatoes' includes files (notes) some of which needs to be taken from
> > something like a
> >    diary/journal (rednotebook is my preferred tool at this point).
> > 'Potatoes' includes directories like specific
> > varieties/diseases/pests/fertilization/remedies.
> > Further information like cooking/techniques for/health related/other uses
> > (think distilling) as a
> >    further level.

> > This is all found in one project - - - - and I have projects - - maybe
> too
> > many but things are what they are.
> >
> > I'm trying to find a way of connecting things.
> >
> > So when I find an idea that I can use for electronic control on movement
> > that I can link that to irrigation and then back to the
> > 'shrubs/trees/plants'.
> >
> > I would rather NOT have 10 different copies of the same information
> stored
> > - - - wastes space - - - but I'm finding that looking for information
> that
> > sometimes I have what I'm found but it was/is connected to a very
> different
> > project.
> >
> > Dig some digging and hard links to directories are a no no (!!!!!!!!!) -
> -
> > like forbidden.
> >
> > I could see hard links being useful for what I want where soft links are
> > going to break (have had the joy of breaking some myself and causing
> myself
> > all kinds of joy in the process).
>
> Hi,
> I was going to propose file systems with hard and soft links
> (which BTW break only if you yourself break them)
> but as they are taboo the only other and far superior
> system is to use paper and ink. This system showed resilience,
> ease of use and hardware independence for the last 4000 years.
> In conjunction with a physiological process better known as
> learning which transforms your brain in the primary
> storage for pointers to the information stored in
> your papyrus rolls and allows endless recombination
> of the inputted information to achieve what is called progress
> through try and error (let's see what happens if principle).
> In the end this process will make you a expert in the field of your
> choice and your papyrus rolls will be saved in libraries
> for the future generations to study (unless they use
> only wikipedia and instead of studying they just
> print them out wasting loads of paper with no

As I manage to collect some 25 to 40 GB of pdfs and notes in an
'normal' year paper lost its appeal some 30 years ago.
I would likely need to hire a couple people just to store maintain and
index the information - - - if you're paying I'll start tomorrow.

> Ciao,
> Tito
>
> P.S.: I suggest for urban gardening: onions, peppers and cucumbers
> they grow in almost every condition.
> Tomatoes are very sensible to lots of diseases and lost their taste
> long time ago in the process to be made solid red.
> With avocado trees in pots I got mixed results,
> with mango trees in pots this year is the first time
> there is a good chance of eating some mangos.

Don't know where you got the information that I'm urban but I can tell
you that tomatoes plucked ripe from the vine - - - they have flavor and
task quite different to what you purchase in your grocery - - - - I call
those 'little rocks' - - - bugs my wife a lot but I really don't like them.
Taste too much like straight cellulose!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do let me know if you're up for funding the needed help - - -
I would think that some $250k a year for the next 25 years should do
nicely.

Regards