:: [DNG] a how to question (project(s)…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: o1bigtenor
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Devuan ML
Aihe: [DNG] a how to question (project(s) related)
Greetings

I'm finding myself occasionally drowning in information resulting in me
trying to improve the connection between what I'm working on AND the
information that I'm collecting.

An example (followed by some questions).

I'm into gardening/raising my own food (simplified for here!!).

Create a directory 'gardening' .

Inside 'gardening' notes for a particular year (each year in its own
directory).
Also in 'gardening' are directories for various crops 'potatoes'/'malus'
(easier to say apples but I'm
    including pears and and ).
'Potatoes' includes files (notes) some of which needs to be taken from
something like a
   diary/journal (rednotebook is my preferred tool at this point).
'Potatoes' includes directories like specific
varieties/diseases/pests/fertilization/remedies.
Further information like cooking/techniques for/health related/other uses
(think distilling) as a
   further level.

This is all found in one project - - - - and I have projects - - maybe too
many but things are what they are.

I'm trying to find a way of connecting things.

So when I find an idea that I can use for electronic control on movement
that I can link that to irrigation and then back to the
'shrubs/trees/plants'.

I would rather NOT have 10 different copies of the same information stored
- - - wastes space - - - but I'm finding that looking for information that
sometimes I have what I'm found but it was/is connected to a very different
project.

Dig some digging and hard links to directories are a no no (!!!!!!!!!) - -
like forbidden.

I could see hard links being useful for what I want where soft links are
going to break (have had the joy of breaking some myself and causing myself
all kinds of joy in the process).

Any ideas out there on how to find such an ecosystem?

(I don't think a RDMS is what I want because then how does one store
directories inside the topic - - - its almost like a RDMS that has a system
inside it might do - - - argh - - - I think I'm getting more confused
rather than less in trying to set up something - - - argh!!)

TIA