:: Re: [DNG] difficulty issuing comman…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] difficulty issuing commands
On Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 01:59:35PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> The preceding paragraphs have a lot of articles (such as "it"), so I
> can't be sure what you're saying, but it sounds like "the balance
> program" is hogging CPU, so don't use it, or at least don't use it when
> you're doing other work. If you're the author of the balance program,
> find out what about it is hogging all CPU.

Sorry. I compounded the obscurity by starting to call balance.bal
backup.bal.

The situation seems to indicate a problem in emacs bookmarks. The
balance.bal is an emacs bookkeeping program. ~/.balance.bal has
-rw-r--r-- permission that is simply a log of a bank account. It is
manipulated by a set of commands to perform operations on it. So
the .balance.bal file is simple and not a likely source of trouble.

The problem is not with bookmarks, for if I try to open .balance.bal
simply like any their file in emacs, I get the same problem. If it
has not been opened for while the opening hangs with the spinning
spiral. I have to stop the open process with Ctl-g and then then I
can open it without a problem.

I note wo things. One is that there's an array of .balance* files such
as .balance.bal.bak that open right up. In emacss or nano. It is
emacs that can't open .balance.bal on first try/

Also there is a symlink for .balance.bal:

.#balance.bal -> haines@engels.3050:1627212275

'I'm delete it.

--
Haines Brown