:: Re: [DNG] routine ascii upgrade mys…
Author: Rod Rodolico
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] routine ascii upgrade mysteriously on hold
May not mean anything, but I quit using aptitude back with Jessie, I
think. Maybe ASCII. The main reason was exactly what you describe. There
was a major difference between what apt/apt-get did and what aptitude
did. It may not be maintained anymore, or maybe maintained, but not as
strongly, but appears to have settings that are not consistent with
apt/apt-get.

Recommend you just use apt update/apt [dist]upgrade and all your
problems could (maybe, possibly) go way.

Rod