:: Re: [DNG] desktop-live chimaera iso…
Author: Andreas Messer
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] desktop-live chimaera isos
On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 03:56:24PM -0300, Gastón via Dng wrote:
> > 2. Desktop PC, CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, GPU: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440,
> > RAM: 3GB.
> >·
> > In this PC the problem did not disappear deactivating AppArmor.
> >·
> > Possibilities:

My personal experience with Geforce MX series is, that these cards run
very unstable, regardless if used with Windows or Linux. Especially the
ones without FAN suffer from thermal issues. Since compositing uses
GL acceleration, the chance is high the card just crashes as soon some
GL operations are performed and cards warms. In addition, such old
hardware may already have cracks in solder junctions or instable
onboard power supply due dried capacitors.

You could test what happens when running glxgears (in mesa-utils
package) in unsynchronized mode for a while. (It will put some load
on the GPU):

$ vblank_mode=0 glxgears

cheers,
Andreas
--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51