:: Re: [DNG] RFC: minimal-live iso cha…
Author: Bernard Rosset
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] RFC: minimal-live iso changes for chimaera
> I've used transmission in the past but currently use deluge. Both have
> a gui, whereas AFAIR them as relatively klunky. YMMV.

I have been a user of Transmission for years, because license, features
and history talk for it.
I just checked Deluge on those and it seems decent too (despite the fact
there is apparently some Python bake into).

IIRC, both use a client-server model. It is great on a server, but I
guess the idea of the minimal-live is to server as a showcase/demo
instance on a user-facing machine.
Isn't a standalone "hard" client what is sought there?

If those are the only options, then Transmission might have a killing
feature: on top of the remote cli client, there also is an integrated
Web GUI available on the daemon: really handy, at no extra cost.

Bernard (Beer) Rosset
https://rosset.net/