:: Re: [DNG] RFC: minimal-live iso cha…
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] RFC: minimal-live iso changes for chimaera
On 7/20/21 11:15 AM, terryc wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 09:46:09 -0400
> fsmithred via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
>> The following packages are not in chimaera. I'm removing them from the
>> minimal-live isos so that they will build successfully.
>>
>> Suggestions for replacement packages are welcome.
>>
>> bittornado
>> termsaver
>
> I don't know about bittornado, but chimaera (main, contrib and
> non-free) has
>
> transmission,
> deluge,
> ctorrent,
> ktorrent,
> qbittorrent and
> rtorrent
> from an "apptitude search torrent" result.
>
> I've used transmission in the past but currently use deluge. Both have
> a gui, whereas AFAIR them as relatively klunky. YMMV.
>
> How soon is the deadline for choice?

I don't know when the deadline is. I just started trying to make alpha
minimal-live isos today. Go ahead and play, then let me know what you think.

Lack of a choice of torrent software won't stop me from building isos. I'm
sure the ones I build now won't be the last.

Reminder: The minimal-live iso has no gui. I know for sure that
transmission-cli is on the list. I don't know what others work on console.

fsmithred