:: Re: [DNG] desktop-live chimaera iso…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] desktop-live chimaera isos
Gastón via Dng said on Mon, 19 Jul 2021 15:07:15 -0300

>Hardware:
>1. Netbook, CPU: Intel Atom N2600, GPU: Integrated controller, RAM:
>2GB.
>
>In this netbook the problem leave to appear afterwards to edit the GRUB
>to turn off the load of AppArmor, with apparmor=0.
>
>2. Desktop PC, CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, GPU: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440,
>RAM: 3GB.

Bzzzzzt: Friends don't let friends buy Nvidia cards for Linux. Nvidia
cards cause screen artifacts, hangs, and spontaneous reboots. Radeon is
the way to go: Most modern Radeon cards have good drivers baked into
the Kernel.

I had spontaneous reboots and hangs with my new computer after buying an
Nvideo. Replaced it with a Radeon, all was good.

The Nvidia might or might not be the root cause, but it's a good idea
not to have an Nvidia card in your Linux box anyway.

SteveT

Steve Litt