:: Re: [DNG] desktop-live chimaera iso…
Author: Gastón
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] desktop-live chimaera isos
On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 04:36:09PM -0300, Gastón wrote:
> Hi, I downloaded: devuan_chimaera_4.0.alpha_2021-07-16_amd64_desktop-live.iso,
> and tested it on real hardware.
>
> The desktop looks the same as the screenshot except for the wallpaper,
> the wallpaper with the Devuan logo does not appear, it has a generic
> XFCE wallpaper.

I experience screen freezes after a few minutes of starting XFCE.
This Alpha version of Devuan Chimaera loads normally, but after opening
an application or interacting with the OS, the screen simply freezes,
the mouse pointer moves but none of the click buttons respond, I just
have to do REISUB to restart the OS using the keyboard.

ISO used: devuan_chimaera_4.0.alpha_2021-07-16_amd64_desktop-live.iso
Device used: USB stick

Hardware:
1. Netbook, CPU: Intel Atom N2600, GPU: Integrated controller, RAM: 2GB.

In this netbook the problem leave to appear afterwards to edit the GRUB
to turn off the load of AppArmor, with apparmor=0.

2. Desktop PC, CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, GPU: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440,
RAM: 3GB.

In this PC the problem did not disappear deactivating AppArmor.

Possibilities:
- Too old hardware?
- AppArmor?
- XFCE, now 100% with GTK3?