:: Re: [DNG] Advice sought re: ejabber…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Advice sought re: ejabberd
On Sunday 18 July 2021 at 16:54:25, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:

> # service ejabberd start
> [....] Starting ejabberd...:root@memyself:/home/opensrf-3.2.1# service
> ejabberd status
> [....] Getting ejabberd status...:Failed RPC connection to the node
> ejabberd@localhost: nodedown
>
> Commands to start an ejabberd node:

> foreground Start an ejabberd node in server mode (attached)

Did you try that one to see whether it gives you any extra information as it's
trying to start?

> Optional parameters when starting an ejabberd node:
>   --logs dir         Directory for logs: /var/log/ejabberd

Have you looked in there for any additional details?

Antony.

--
My life is going completely according to plan.

I do sometimes wish it had been *my* plan, though.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.