:: Re: [DNG] Advice sought re: ejabber…
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] Advice sought re: ejabberd
On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 10:01 AM Antony Stone
<Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> On Sunday 18 July 2021 at 16:54:25, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
>
> > # service ejabberd start
> > [....] Starting ejabberd...:root@memyself:/home/opensrf-3.2.1# service
> > ejabberd status
> > [....] Getting ejabberd status...:Failed RPC connection to the node
> > ejabberd@localhost: nodedown
> >
> > Commands to start an ejabberd node:
>
> > foreground Start an ejabberd node in server mode (attached)
>
> Did you try that one to see whether it gives you any extra information as it's
> trying to start?
>
> > Optional parameters when starting an ejabberd node:
> >   --logs dir         Directory for logs: /var/log/ejabberd

> Have you looked in there for any additional details?

Hadn't even thought of looking there - - - - :-(  !!
# less /var/log/ejabberd/error.log
2021-07-18 09:43:36.985 [error]
<0.82.0>@ejabberd_config:validate_opts:1095 Unknown option 'echo
<PREFIX>/lib > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/opensrf.conf    what'
2021-07-18 09:43:36.985 [error] <0.82.0>@ejabberd_config:start:88
Failed to load configuration file /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml
2021-07-18 09:43:36.985 [critical] <0.82.0>@ejabberd_app:start:70
Failed to start ejabberd application: unknown_option

# less /var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log
2021-07-18 09:43:36.455 [info] <0.82.0>@ejabberd_config:start:69
2021-07-18 09:43:36.985 [error]
<0.82.0>@ejabberd_config:validate_opts:1095 Unknown option 'echo
<PREFIX>/lib > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/opensrf.conf    what'
2021-07-18 09:43:36.985 [error] <0.82.0>@ejabberd_config:start:88
Failed to load configuration file /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml
2021-07-18 09:43:36.985 [critical] <0.82.0>@ejabberd_app:start:70
Failed to start ejabberd application: unknown_option

So these log files are indicating that something is missing from the
configuration file.
That config file is a '. . . conf.d' file - - - I understand that
Beowulf really doesn't use 'systemd' files.

So how do I satisfy this lacuna?

TIA