:: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Hi Steve,

On 12/6/21 21:29, Steve Litt wrote:
> If there are missing symlinks in /dev/disk, why not fix that root cause
> and let the inotify authors worry about different device handlers,
> rather than base your program logic on something the systemd people can
> change any time, possibly forcing vdev and eudev to change in order to
> keep up?

After doing some changes in the code of vdev, symlinks are added
and removed as expected in /dev/disk, /dev/input. Vdev also is responding
to the removal of usb devices by software (e.g. using "eject"). Other
issues related to virtual machines have been fixed too, and now gnuinos
vdev is running fine in both qemu and virtualbox.Imho, the current state of
vdev is stableenough for daily use. You can download the image from here:

https://www.gnuinos.org/Beowulf/ <https://www.gnuinos.org/Beowulf/>

On the other hand, the program logic of hopman is the same whether the
device manager is eudev or vdev: that is, inotify watching /dev/disk for
creation
of symlinks.

One clarification: if you want to test hopman, don't use any virtual
machine.
Test it during live sessions or after a hard disk installation instead.

In the event of any issue, please let me know. Thanks in advance,

Aitor.