:: Re: [DNG] PartialSolve Re: Chimaer…
Author: Mason Loring Bliss
To: terryc
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] PartialSolve Re: Chimaera; Lost sound
On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 06:21:12PM +1000, terryc wrote:

> I'm still working on why the browsers(falkon & firefox-esr) and
> quiterss(what ever browser it loads) are not playing sound.

This is Beowulf, not Chimaera, but Firefox works fine with ALSA here,
including splitting input and output between different devices, etc.

$ cat ~/.asoundrc
pcm.!default {
    type asym
    playback.pcm {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "dmix"
    }
    capture.pcm {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "hw:2,0"
    }
}

I arrived at hw:2,0 (card 2, subdevice 0 - my USB webcam) for capture based
on:

$ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: ALC892 Alt Analog [ALC892 Alt Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: C525 [HD Webcam C525], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

We're plugging away at a wiki where we folks can easily document this
stuff.

--
Mason Loring Bliss (( If I have not seen as far as others, it is because
mason@??? )) giants were standing on my shoulders. - Hal Abelson