:: Re: [DNG] Ossec-hids for Beowulf
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Olaf Meeuwissen
CC: Luciano Mannucci, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Ossec-hids for Beowulf
Hi Luciano, list,

Apologies! I just noticed that I didn't pay enough attention to the
package name and only focussed on the version :-/

Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng writes:

> Hi Luciano,
>
> Luciano Mannucci writes:
>
>> On Fri, 21 May 2021 13:56:00 +0200
>> Joril via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>>
>>> I can get pcre2 devel libs and .h, wich I'm unable to find
>>>
>>> Isn't libpcre2-dev what you are looking for?
>> Indeed.
>> But if I issue "apt-get install libpcre2-dev", I get:
>> E: Failed to fetch http://debian.ipacct.com/debian/pool/main/l/linux/linux-libc-dev_4.19.98-1_ppc64el.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 195.85.215.251 80]
>> E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
>>
>> Is it normal?
>
> No. This looks like your getting Packages from a mirror that's badly
> outdated.
>
> libpcre2-dev has been on 10.x since at least Debian Stretch, so that's
> what Devuan ASCII would have. For Beowulf, the version would be 10.32-5
> per
>
>   $ apt-cache madison libpcre2-dev
>   libpcre2-dev |    10.32-5 | http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main amd64 Packages

The error message is about linux-libc-dev which is at 4.19.181-1 for
Beowulf. So while close, the mirror that your apt-get install used was
out-of-date. Try running `apt-get update` and `apt-get install` again.

> Did you run `apt-get update` recently? If so, you should probably fix
> your /etc/apt/sources.list to point to
>
> deb http://dev.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
>
> and add contrib and non-free as necessary.

You can check

https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html?c=package&q=linux-libc-dev

for the available versions. Have a look at each version's sources.list
entry and find one that matches your APT sources.

Hope this helps,