:: Re: [DNG] PartialSolve Re: Chimaer…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: terryc
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] PartialSolve Re: Chimaera; Lost sound
On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 06:21:12PM +1000, terryc wrote:
> YMMN, but that is all I need as I do not have any HDMI speakers or USB
> speakers, or bluetooth speakers.

My solution was to simply blacklist the module for the HDMI
audio. Glad you got it to a state that works for you.

> This fixed it for vlc, qasmixer and alsamixer in that they correctly
> took the speakers I wanted as default and I didnt have to manually
> select the motherboard sound chip.
>
> I'm still working on why the browsers(falkon & firefox-esr) and
> quiterss(what ever browser it loads) are not playing sound.

I can't speak to any of the other browsers, but can tell you I get
sound in firefox-esr on a Chimaera install without pulseaudio, and
without apulse. Removing pulseaudio is all I did, I didn't do anything
to firefox itself.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net