:: Re: [DNG] Ossec-hids for Beowulf
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Luciano Mannucci
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Ossec-hids for Beowulf
Hi Luciano,

Luciano Mannucci writes:

> On Fri, 21 May 2021 13:56:00 +0200
> Joril via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
>> I can get pcre2 devel libs and .h, wich I'm unable to find
>> > for Beowulf. What sould I do?
>>
>> Isn't libpcre2-dev what you are looking for?
> Indeed.
> But if I issue "apt-get install libpcre2-dev", I get:
> E: Failed to fetch http://debian.ipacct.com/debian/pool/main/l/linux/linux-libc-dev_4.19.98-1_ppc64el.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 195.85.215.251 80]
> E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
>
> Is it normal?

No. This looks like your getting Packages from a mirror that's badly
outdated.

libpcre2-dev has been on 10.x since at least Debian Stretch, so that's
what Devuan ASCII would have. For Beowulf, the version would be 10.32-5
per

  $ apt-cache madison libpcre2-dev
  libpcre2-dev |    10.32-5 | http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf/main amd64 Packages

Did you run `apt-get update` recently? If so, you should probably fix
your /etc/apt/sources.list to point to

deb http://dev.devuan.org/merged beowulf main

and add contrib and non-free as necessary.

Hope this helps,