:: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch user satisfac…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch user satisfaction stats
golinux@??? said on Fri, 21 May 2021 14:29:14 -0500

>I was poking around distrowatch (I don't very often) and found a page
>which ranks Linux distros according to user ratings.
>
>Devuan is #2! Arch is #1 and Debian and the 'buntus (and other
>"popular distros) are further down the page:
>https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=ranking
>
>If you're interested, you can read the reviews on which that ranking
>was based at:
>https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=ratings&distro=devuan
>
>We must be doing something right!! :D

Remember when the media and the systemd fanboiz said the VUAs were just
bluffing? Remember after the corrupt GR Devuan's message was "Don't
panic and keep on forking?" #2 on Distrowatch's ratings list is
something to be proud of.

Also to be pointed out: Five of the top ten distros init without
systemd. The next time a fanboy says everyone uses systemd, remind him
of this. Of course he'll say that Devuan is waaay down the list of
DistroWatch's list sorted by downloads, and you can counter that many of
those downloads were experimental, and the list according to ratings is
much more likely to include people who actually installed and use the
OS.

SteveT

Steve Litt