:: Re: [DNG] End of free open source s…
Author: Dimitris
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] End of free open source software?
sorry, but this subject reads like some yellow-press, bringing
end-of-the-world, out of an irrelevant wish? (=speculations, wishes and

rumors) and it doesn't even mention FOSS anywhere...

so, this all reads like BS (imho), not byuing it.

2c,
d.

Στις 9/5/21 9:33 π.μ., ο/η tito via Dng έγραψε:
> [...]
> werden. Der Bund solle entsprechende Maßnahmen prüfen, sagte
> Schleswig-Holsteins Verbraucherschutzminister Claus Christian Claussen
> (CDU) nach dem Ende der Konferenz am Freitag. Zudem solle das
> Produkthaftungsrecht künftig auch digitale Schäden umfassen, darunter
> auch Datenverluste.
>
> Das Produkthaftungsgesetz basiere auf einer EU-Richtlinie von 1985 und
> sei angesichts des technischen Fortschritts nicht mehr zeitgemäß, so
> Claussen weiter - besonders mit Blick auf die wachsende Bedeutung von
> Software im Vergleich zu Hardware. Clausen sagte: „Wir wollen, dass ein
> verbraucherfreundliches, digitales Produkthaftungsrecht eingeführt
> wird.“ Das müsse vom Bund auf den Weg gebracht werden. Er sei
> zuversichtlich, dass die Verbraucherschutzminister-Konferenz den Bund
> bittet, entsprechende Vorschläge zu machen.
>
> Auch die Überwachung des Lebensmittelhandels muss nach Claussens
> Überzeugung an die aktuellen Entwicklungen angepasst werden.
> Lebensmittel würden zunehmen über das Internet bestellt und nach Hause
> geliefert. „Die klassischen Überwachungsmethoden greifen da natürlich
> nicht durch.“ Auch hier solle die Bundesregierung tätig werden und
> Rechtsgrundlagen schaffen.
>
> Rudimental google translation is:
>
> According to the wishes of the Conference of Consumer Protection
> Ministers (VSMK), customers should be better protected from damage
> caused by software errors in the future. The federal government should
> examine appropriate measures, said Schleswig-Holstein's consumer
> protection minister Claus Christian Claussen (CDU) after the end of the
> conference on Friday. In addition, product liability law should also
> include digital damage in the future, including data loss.
>
> According to Claussen, the product liability law is based on an EU
> directive from 1985 and is no longer up-to-date in view of technical
> progress - especially with a view to the growing importance of software
> compared to hardware. Clausen said: "We want consumer-friendly, digital
> product liability law to be introduced." That must be initiated by the
> federal government. He is confident that the consumer protection
> ministers' conference will ask the federal government to make
> appropriate proposals.
>
> According to Claussens, the monitoring of the food trade must also be
> adapted to current developments. Groceries are increasingly being
> ordered online and delivered to your home. “Of course, the classic
> monitoring methods do not work.” Here, too, the federal government
> should act and create a legal basis.
>
> So the first question that arises is:
> how could open source and free software projects ensure
> protection from damage up to data loss if actually even proprietary
> software comes with no warranty at all?
>
> For example Microsoft:
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/windows-server/system-insights-eula
>
> DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED “AS IS.”

YOU BEAR THE