:: Re: [DNG] End of free open source s…
Author: spiralofhope
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] End of free open source software?
On Fri, 14 May 2021 14:27:15 +0200
"Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult" <lkml@???> wrote:

> On 09.05.21 08:33, tito via Dng wrote:
>
> > So the first question that arises is:
> > how could open source and free software projects ensure
> > protection from damage up to data loss if actually even proprietary
> > software comes with no warranty at all?
>
> Make it crystal clear, that our software is neither a product, nor
> service, nor anything near to any commercial thing, but instead just
> a piece of art, like a novel or a poem.

A programming language used to write code is not different than the
English an author uses to write a story.

It would take some effort to explain, but programming and authoring do
map to one another.

For example, it's a long-time pursuit for many programmers to author
more natural language-like readable code.