:: Re: [DNG] ..are we|Devuan safe from…
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..are we|Devuan safe from this systemd backdoor malware, taking our kernels from Debian?
On Wed, 05 May 2021 19:04:10 +0900
Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hi Martin, list,
> Martin Steigerwald writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > golinux@??? - 02.05.21, 22:15:48 CEST:
> >>
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> And they are harmless.
> >>
> >> Why are systemd files present in Devuan?
> >> https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1925
> >
> > No systemd library on my Devuan systems:
> >
> > % dpkg -l | grep systemd
> > [no output]
>
> I forgot about dpkg's -l option, having gotten used to dpkg-query
> -W :-)
>
> > Also none via locate.
> >
> > Using Plasma as desktop together with elogind.
>
> No libsystemd0 on my beowulf machine but I did find it on a chimaera
> system I installed just a few days ago (using the alpha installer).
>
> Curiousity peaked, I hunted it down and it turns out that my console
> only chimaera system installed it to satisfy Depends: for rsyslog,
> lvm2 and liblvm2cmd2.03. The latter two depend on libsystemd0 (>=
> 222).
>
> But wait a sec! I've got lvm2 installed on my beowulf system too and
> there's no libsystemd0 to be found there! What gives?
>
> Turns out that libelogind0 is installed there and that happens to
> sport a Provides: libsystemd0 (= 241.4). On chimaera the versioned
> dependency equals 246.10 (as of writing).
>
> So people trying to get rid of the libsystemd0 package might try
>
> apt install libelogind0 libsystemd0-
>
> but IIRC (and I'm relying on *very* vague memory here!) not all
> desktop environments will work with that. FWIW, my beowulf machine
> is running fine with Xfce.

Hi,

as far as I can tell having tested briefly all DEs supported by the
Debian buster installer, while working on my buster to beowulf
migration script, nowadays all of them work with elogind/libelogind.
The only problematic Display Manager was Gnome's gdm3 which
could be easily substituted with slim or lightdm.

Ciao,
Tito