:: Re: [DNG] connection manager as dns…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] connection manager as failing dns resolver?
Subject: Re: [DNG] connection manager as dns resolver?
Quoting Hendrik Boom (hendrik@???):

> Looks as if the connection manager is taking over dns.
>
> Who knew? And whom does it talk to? Does it contain its own recursive
> DNS resolver? Or does it just pick up on the DHCP signals it gets from
> elsewhere and take over?

connman (which I don't use, and have only read about) does _not_ appear
to include a recursive nameserver.
https://launchpad.net/connman

The data you've posted so far that I've read in this thread (but I
haven't caught up with the full thread, yet) seem bizarre, in suggesting
that connman itself is hogging port 53 on localhost -- which would
definitely mean either it's handling any recursive requests or nothing
is.

I'd have been extremely surprised if any connection management utility
had an integral recursive nameserver. The latter are complicated
projects, which is why there have been relatively few successful ones.