:: Re: [DNG] Strange behaviour with la…
Author: Chris Dos
To: fsmithred via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Strange behaviour with last version of grub
On 3/9/21 9:22 AM, David Kuehling via Dng wrote:
> I think we were bitten by this known Debian Bug:

> "Wrong prefix directory hardcoded in signed GRUB image"
>
> Signed grub assumes that the initial grub.cfg is in EFI/debian/grub.cfg
> and not in wherever grub-install put it (usually EFI/devuan/grub.cfg or
> EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg).
>
> You can verify this by entering "set" on the grub command line and
> checking the default value of the "prefix" and "root" variables.
>
> Workaround for me is to manually enter
>
> configfile (hd2,gpt1)/EFI/devuan/grub.cfg
>
> every time I boot my machine.
>
> cheers,
>
> David

I worked with fsmithred a year or so ago on this issue. I think the consensus
was to make the system variable debian instead of devuan to fix this issue.
I've been removing the signed image lately in order to keep my efi systems
booting. Shouldn't grub be forked in order to fix this? Or perhaps remove
grub-efi-amd64-signed from merged?

    Chris