:: Re: [DNG] Strange behaviour with la…
Author: Adrian Zaugg
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Strange behaviour with last version of grub
In der Nachricht vom Tuesday, 9 March 2021 18:40:22 CET schrieb Adrian Zaugg:
> In der Nachricht vom Saturday, 6 March 2021 19:16:13 CET schrieb fsmithred
> via
> Dng:
> > I could not reproduce the problem on a system that boots legacy bios and
> > uses grub-pc.
>
> ...my machine where it happened is a Legacy-BIOS-MBR-Installation.

The problem I encountered was something different, but maybe related. My
machine booted into the grub menu, loaded initrd, stayed blank, changed screen
resolution and still did not show any boot message. It did answer pings but
sshd did not come up, keyboard strokes ignored.

Inspecting the machine with a live distro I found the linux image installed is
from the package linux-image-4.19.0-14-amd64, which is ...signed. I never
realized before this image to be signed. I installed linux-image-4.19.0-14-
amd64-unsigned and the machine came back up as usual.

Since when is the standard stock kernel signed?

Regards, Adrian.