:: [DNG] Discovery #fail
Author: Steve Scott
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: [DNG] Discovery #fail
Greetings all,
    I've been a long time Devuan user, and have donated to the project because I would very much like to see it continue. I recently was forced to upgrade my laptop, having completely destroyed my old one, and upon installation (dual boot) of Beowulf 3.1.0 and reboot, was dropped into a shell prompt, no graphics.
LSPCI revealed only 2 devices were actually identified, the others merely providing vendor/device ID information, including the NVIDIA gfx device.
dmidecode provided plenty of information however.
I was able to install the driver from the vendor and get CUDA working, but was never able to get Xorg to recognize the display.

Since a desktop was pretty critical to my needs for this machine, I gave Ubuntu a shot - not that I like Ubuntu all that much, but they do seem to have desktop setup polished well.

Whadayaknow, Ubuntu pretty much discovered everything, so it appears I will be living here for the time being. Happy to provide whatever data you need.
SWS