:: Re: [DNG] I kinda sorta got opennic…
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I kinda sorta got opennic DNS working
On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:18:27 -0800
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting tito via Dng (dng@???):
>
> > On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 19:38:35 -0800
> > Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:
> >
> > > Quoting Dimitris via Dng (dng@???):

> > > Yeah, I _vaguely_ recall (after not paying attention to such
> > > matters for some decades) that their alternate root servers
> > > supply records for the consensus TLD nameservers along witn other
> > > ones. But, point is, people need to follow directions carefully,
> > > and also not play with this stuff unless/until they are quite
> > > sure they know what they are doing and are prepared to do
> > > relevant diagnosis if necessary.
> >
> > This is a circular argument. How do you get prepared If you
> > don't start playing with stuff.
>
> D00d.
>
> My friend Steve Litt is an intelligent guy, but he is relatively new
> to DNS administration, and IMO ought to learn the basics of that
> field of knowledge better before jumping into advanced, experimental
> configurations.
>
> Your presupposition that I advised Steve to not play with stuff is
> both epically absurd and also actively annoying.

To be honest you advised me:

me: Hi,
     can this opennic.cache file be downloaded freely or do
         you need to register?

You: As mentioned, I have not experimented with alternative DNS roots in
decades.

I could try to answer your question for you, but, seriously, if you are
going to start experimenting with advanced DNS topics, you really need
to be prepared to do basic data-discovery for yourself at _bare_
minimum. If you are not, I would advise staying away from such matters.

I am _not_ prepared to spoon-feed novices on such topics.

> Go away, seriously. You are either trolling (badly) or having some
> comprehension problem that I really don't wish to deal with.

It seems to me that everybody you disagree with in your opinion has a
comprehension problem and/or is a troll.
So let's stop here and now.

Ciao,
Tito