:: Re: [DNG] I kinda sorta got opennic…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I kinda sorta got opennic DNS working
Quoting tito via Dng (dng@???):

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 19:38:35 -0800
> Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:
>
> > Quoting Dimitris via Dng (dng@???):
> >
> > > https://wiki.opennic.org/tier_2_unbound
> > >
> > > eg. for opennic root servers :
> > > # dig . NS @161.97.219.84 > root.hints
> >
> > Yeah, I _vaguely_ recall (after not paying attention to such matters
> > for some decades) that their alternate root servers supply records
> > for the consensus TLD nameservers along witn other ones. But, point
> > is, people need to follow directions carefully, and also not play
> > with this stuff unless/until they are quite sure they know what they
> > are doing and are prepared to do relevant diagnosis if necessary.
>
> This is a circular argument. How do you get prepared If you
> don't start playing with stuff.

D00d.

My friend Steve Litt is an intelligent guy, but he is relatively new to
DNS administration, and IMO ought to learn the basics of that field of
knowledge better before jumping into advanced, experimental
configurations.

Your presupposition that I advised Steve to not play with stuff is
both epically absurd and also actively annoying.

Go away, seriously. You are either trolling (badly) or having some
comprehension problem that I really don't wish to deal with.

--
Cheers,                        My pid is Inigo Montoya.  You kill -9
Rick Moen                      my parent process.  Prepare to vi.