:: [DNG] I kinda sorta got opennic DNS…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] I kinda sorta got opennic DNS working
Hi all,

When I added four opennic root servers to my unbound's root.hints, I
couldn't resolve grep.geek on my unbound server at 192.168.0.102, even
though I could resolve it from the opennic root servers.

Then I commented out all the icann root servers, restarted, and now I
can resolve grep.geek as well as a bunch of .com and .org domains.

I'd really like to have both icann and opennic root servers in my
root.hints. Does anybody know a way to do that without the opennic root
servers being sabotaged?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
Spring 2021 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist