:: Re: [DNG] How to turn off the firew…
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to turn off the firewall
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 10:29:50 -0500
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I could probably web search this, but there's soooo much contradictory
> stuff on the web, and I've been doing nothing but web searching for a
> week now, and probably one of you knows it off the top of your head.
>
> On a Devuan machine, how do I turn off the firewall entirely, so all
> ports are accessible? I need to do this for experimentation, not as a
> permanent thing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Autumn 2020 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive

Hi,
I would dare to say without any sarcasm the same way you turned it on,
as far as I know no firewall is installed by default in debian/devuan
and a default install (desktop, sever, minimal, netinstall) has all
ports open unless you install at least iptables*.
I would recommend you to try arno-iptables-firewall, i use it on
every box, be it desktop, server or router, it is easy to setup
as it has a builtin config frontend (but it could be tweaked
at your liking by editing the config files).
Starting it is as easy as:

service arno-iptables-firewall start

to stop:

service arno-iptables-firewall stop